MUIIS Agricultural Input Loan
- With the farmer profiles (digital database), a pilot loan scheme has been implemented with Rabobank Foundation and the results is being analysed.
- MUIIS database acted as a guarantee for the farmers to receive the loan.
- Working with selected FOs and Cooperatives, loans were disbursed through selected SACCOs.
- The SACCOs must be using MOBIS to allow for loan recovery tracking.
- Each farmer receives 200,000 UGX per acre of the input loan.
- The loan is bundled with the MUIIS Service Bundle.
- The cost of the MUIIS Service Bundle is deducted at source by the SACCOs.
- Hence farmers pay directly for the service.